Michael Petrosky Flores
Dr. Michael Petrosky Flores, EdD., LMHC is a Licensed Mental Health Counselor in the State of Florida. He is an accomplished, multi-faceted clinician with expertise in crisis intervention, various psychotherapeutic modalities for the overall wellness of those with mental health conditions and an extensive background working with diverse client populations within the mental health and substance abuse fields. Dr. Michael Petrosky Flores’s educational accomplishments include holding a Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) Counselor Education & Supervision from Argosy University in Sarasota, Florida as well as a Master of Arts (M.A.) Mental Health Counseling, from Argosy University, & a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Psychology from Saint Leo University. He is also a Certified Mental Health Integrative Medicine Provider & a State of Florida Qualified Supervisor (Registered Mental Health Counseling Interns).
Dr. Michael Petrosky Flores’s clinical passion is the following: Intrigued by what drives human behavior and how it either helps or hinders the individual. Dr. Michael Petrosky Flores witnessed my grandmother’s subsequent mental decline from Alzheimer disease and felt so powerless to assist her. This event created the desire in him to learn more about the brain’s function and the interplay between thoughts and emotions, leading him to pursue personal & educational imperative to complete his doctoral studies and subsequently apply all he has learned to assist as many people as possible.
Dr. Petrosky Flores provides clients with a warm, welcoming, supportive and nonjudgmental therapeutic environment. Dr. Michael Petrosky Flores utilizes a cognitive behavioral therapy approach to help clients identify cognitive distortions, such as all-or-nothing thinking (splitting), magical thinking, over-generalization, magnification, and emotional reasoning and journal therapy and exercises and prompts to bring about awareness and improve mental health conditions as a result of inner and outer conflicts. He also uses solution focused, personal centered and emotionally focused approaches as well.
Dr. Michael Petrosky Flores enjoys working with individuals, couples and families and strives to assist them with their needs. Dr. Michael Petrosky Flores has expertise in crisis intervention, cognitive behavioral therapy and other psychotherapeutic modalities.” He has worked with adults, couples, families and children throughout his career. Dr. Michael Petrosky Flores enjoys working with all client populations. A dedicated mental health professional with 20 years of experience who encourages others to reach out in order to assist them with their mental health and emotional wellness goals.
Dr. Michael Petrosky Flores’s specialties: (Depression, Anxiety, Stress management, Self-esteem, Life transitions, Anger management, Relationship issues, PTSD).
he/ him/ his
Years of experience:
• Ed.D., Counselor Education & Supervision, Argosy University, Sarasota, FL, 2013.
• M.A., Mental Health Counseling, Argosy University, College of Behavioral Sciences, Sarasota, FL, 2007.
• B.A., Psychology, Saint Leo University, School of Arts and Sciences, St. Leo, FL, 2000.
• Ph.D., Metaphysical Science, (Honoris Causa), Universal Life Church, Modesto, CA, 2019.
• D.Div., Philosophy & Religious Studies, (Honoris Causa), Universal Life Church, Modesto, CA, 2018.
• Credentials of Ministry, (Honoris Causa), Universal Life Church, Modesto, CA, 2019.
• Certified Mental Health Integrative Medicine Provider (19-CEU’s) (CMHIMP # 767774), Eau Claire, WI, 2020.
• Florida Qualified Supervisor (12-CEU’s) (Registered Mental Health Counseling & Marriage & Family Therapist Interns), Tampa, FL, 2020.