• Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist # 82579
• Master of Counseling, Arizona State University
• Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, Portland State University
• Therapist/Independent Contractor for Through Insight (January 2020-present). Provide individual therapy to UCSC students.
• Clinical Supervisor at Encompass (2018—2019). Provide clinical supervision to clinicians, counselors and trainees in several community based programs serving marginalized youth and adults.
• Clinical Supervisor at Pacific Center for Human Growth (2018-2019). Provided individual supervision to associates working towards licensure and providing psychotherapy to a diverse, LGBTQQI clinical population.
• Staff Therapist at Spahr Center (2018-2019). Provided individual outpatient gender affirmative therapy to adolescents and young adults in the LGBTQQI+ community
• Child Welfare Worker II at Marin County (2017-2018). Provided case management and social services to children and families involved with Children and Family Services. Connected families to community resources, ensured child safety and well-being through regular home visits and working closely with caregivers.
• Therapist in Private Practice (2016-2018). Provided individual outpatient therapy to adults and utilized a variety of approaches, including but not limited to: Relational Therapy, CBT, Somatic Experiencing, Art Therapy, Narrative Therapy and Mindfulness.
• Therapist Intern at The Women’s Therapy Center (2013-2014). Provided weekly individual therapy and relationship therapy to a multicultural population of adults while utilizing the Relational Therapy approach.
• Mental Health Clinician at A Better Way, Inc. (2008-2014). Provided Therapeutic Visitation Services to families working toward reunification with the Human Services Agency. Provided individual therapy to children and youth, family therapy, as well as collateral sessions for parents.
• Behavioral Health Therapist at Presbyterian Children’s Village Services (2005-2007). Provided outpatient and community-based individual and family therapy to children and adolescents while also providing advocacy for families and connecting them with community resources. Led wraparound teams in the role of Behavior Specialist Consultant
Special Areas of Interest:
• Transgender/gender expansive youth
• Adoptions/blended family
• LGBTQQIA2S+ community
Additional Areas of Interest: Spirituality, Couples/Relationships, Anxiety, Life Transitions, Immigration, Depression, Non-Monogamous Relationships, Non-Traditional Family Structures, Restorative Justice, Anti-Racism Work, Intersectional Feminism, Mindfulness/Meditation, Low Self-Esteem, Holistic Approaches, Trauma, Relationship Issues, Stress Management, Grief and Loss, LGBTQQIA2S+ community.
I am well versed in CBT, have training in psychodynamic relational modality, providing trauma-informed services and mind-body approaches, such as somatic approaches and mindfulness. I have also used Expressive Arts and narrative therapy.
My specialties include working with clients who struggle with depression, anxiety, major life transitions, gender dysphoria, PTSD, relationship difficulties, adoption, blended family, codependency, grief, family conflict, school issues